Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Back to School Dinner


Back to School Dinner has become a tradition in our household. Every year the night before school starts we sit down as a family and recap our summer and what we are looking forward to the new school year. There are a lot of excitement and nerves when going into the new year that I like to make a special night for the kids. It isn't anything crazy and over the top as you can see below! I always make a favorite comfort meal. This night we had meatballs and spaghetti. 

I ended up not buying anything extra for decorations and just used what I had around the house. 
I love using the craft paper on the table and I just added markers and crayons. We played a few card games and filled out a Back to School Questionnaire that I had created on Canva. I was trying to find one online but couldn't find what I was looking for. It was super fun to create and I just love Canva. 
Here is a link to the questionnaire if you want to use it for next year!

We read Splat the Cat - Back to School, Splat while the kids filled out the questionnaire. It was a cute story! 


The kids look forward to this tradition of ours every year! Even as my girls are now older they still have fun doing it and my son who is 7 loves it! 

Do you do a back to school dinner? Leave a comment if you do! 

xoxo, 
Erika 




 

No comments :

Meal Plan #3

I'm going to be honest with you all with my meal plan last week! I didn't do the best job sticking with my menu,  it was a busy one ...

Back to Top