Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Day In The Life - Monday Edition

 I love reading other day in the life blog post so I figured I would do one! I picked this past Monday for no particular reason. So let's go because it was a busy one. A little behind the scenes is that I'm a working mom of three kids, 13, 12 and 7. My husband is in law enforcement and works a lot! So a lot of the running the kids around falls on me and I wouldn't have it any other way! So let's go.....

My alarm went off at 5:30 and my two oldest were starting to wake up as they go to school around 7 am. First thing first is to take the dog out and feed him. Then I make breakfast for my girls. I usually sit for a few minutes and look through my planner and see what is going on for the day. I love my Emily Ley Simplified weekly planner. It's the only one I have found so far that I use every day, but that is for another blog post! 


Once I checked my planner it was time to get my coffee going and make lunches for the kids! 


Our mornings are pretty chaotic. After making lunches I empty the dishwasher and help the girls with doing their hair. They get dropped off around 7 and that is when my little guy gets up! He doesn't have to be at school till 8:15. He will have breakfast, get dressed, brush teeth, and pack his bag. I do have to say he pretty independent on getting himself ready for the day! 


I'm always the last one to get ready for the day. Once I drop off the girls at school I come home and shower or do my hair depending if I showered the night before. I do my skin care and brush my teeth and figure out what I'm going to wear. I'm in a between state right now with my clothes as I have lost a some weight. I really need a whole new wardrobe! This outfit was perfect for today! 


It was finally time to drop off Hudson at school. He likes to get in line early so we usually have time to chat before he goes running into school. Love that he loves school! 



I literally work only a few minutes away from home, so after dropping off Hudson I went a grabbed a coffee from Dunkin and then headed to work. It was a busy day for me. I'm an HR Manager/ Credit Manager for a lumber company. Today was filled with completing payroll and timesheets, meeting with a new employee, dealing with customer issues, doing payments, and updating reports. 


Most days I work through my lunch as I leave around 2 to go pick up the girls from school. Today was leftover pot roast with veggies and dip. Super simple and yummy. 


I left work at 2:00 to go get the girls from school. The pick up line wasn't bad today! I got them home and they had a snack and started homework. I grabbed the mail and switched the laundry. Before you knew it was time to go pick up Hudson at school! After I got Hudson we had to drop off my oldest at an appointment and then had to go to Walgreen's to pick up a prescription. 


While I was at Walgreens I picked up my favorite protein shake and had it for my afternoon snack.


We headed back home and went outside to play for a bit. Hudson is playing football right now so everything is all about football! He loves it. 


After we played outside we had to go pick up Mollie but 
while we waited for her Hudson and I read a book!
 

The girls had field hockey practice tonight so we had an hour or so to waste some time! 
I made some pumpkin muffins that are coming to the blog I think on Thursday while also cooking dinner and starting to decorate my mantle for Halloween. Dinner was super easy tonight! I tried to clean up the kitchen for the most part before heading out to practice so that when I came home we could do showers and get ready for bed. 


While the girls were at practice we went to the playground and then sat in the car to watch a movie. It's starting to get dark so early! 
We got home around 7:15 and everyone jumped into the shower and grabbed a snack. 
Hudson went to bed around 8 and the girls put themselves to bed around 9:30 as they are exhausted from the school day and getting up so early. 
I finished cleaning up the kitchen, burned a candle, did my skin care and worked on my blog for a bit before heading to bed to read for a bit! 
Once the candle is lit for the night the kitchen is closed! 


I hoped you enjoyed our day in the life post! I loved doing it! If you want more day in the life follow me on Tik Tok! 
Have a good night
xoxo, 
Erika 






No comments :

Meal Plan #3

I'm going to be honest with you all with my meal plan last week! I didn't do the best job sticking with my menu,  it was a busy one ...

Back to Top